Brian Z. Taylor
Meet our Lawyers
Brian was born in Sioux City, Iowa, on March 24, 1964. He concentrates his practice in our New Bern, N.C., office on residential and commercial real estate and small business law. He is licensed to practice before all North Carolina State Courts, the Federal District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina, and the United States Supreme Court.
Brian is a member of the North Carolina Bar Association, Craven County Bar Association, 3B Judicial District Bar Association, and the Eastern North Carolina Inn of Court. In May of 2015, he was elected to the Council of the Real Property Section of the NC Bar Association.
Brian has taught Business Law and Real Estate Law classes at Craven Community College.
Brian enjoys coaching youth sports, playing golf, boating and outdoor cooking.
Brian attended the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill where he received his Bachelor of Science degree in industrial relations in 1986. After graduation, he worked in the family land and timber business. He then attended the Norman Adrian Wiggins School of Law at Campbell University and graduated in 1991.
While at Campbell, Brian was a member of Delta Theta Phi legal fraternity, a member of the ATLA trial advocacy team and received the Campbell Law Book Award in Real Property Planning.
- Active member of Garber United Methodist Church
- Garber United Methodist Church Administrative Council as Stewardship Chairman
- New Bern Sunday School Baseball League coordinator/coach
- Past president of the 3B Judicial District Bar Association
- Past president of the New Bern Rotary Club
- Represented a developer of a strip shopping center in a conduit loan financing transaction.
- Represented a fast food restaurant franchisee in a multi-site loan financing transaction using a single entity bankruptcy remote limited liability company.
- Represented several non-profit corporations in loan financing transactions with the U.S. Housing and Urban Development with respect to multiple elderly housing apartments.