W. Lee Percise III
Meet our Lawyers
Working out of White & Allen’s Greenville office, Lee’s statewide practice is concentrated in the areas of condemnation and eminent domain litigation for property owners, real property litigation (including boundary disputes, title defense, adverse possession, etc.), representation of homeowners associations and their members and general civil litigation. In 2022, Lee was selected by Super Lawyers magazine as a Rising Star in the area of Eminent Domain. Lawyers are selected to the Rising Stars list based on peer nominations and independent research, after being evaluated according to twelve indicators of peer recognition and professional achievement. Less than three percent of the lawyers in the state are named to the Rising Stars list, according to Super Lawyers magazine.
Lee also represents clients charged with traffic offenses, drug and alcohol offenses, driving while impaired, and other criminal matters in Pitt County. Lee is licensed to practice before all state courts in North Carolina and the United States District Courts for the Eastern, Middle, and Western Districts of North Carolina.
Lee is a member of the North Carolina Bar Association, the North Carolina Advocates for Justice – Eminent Domain Section, the Eastern North Carolina Inn of Court, the Pitt County Bar Association, and the Pitt County Criminal Defense Bar. He has previously served in leadership roles in several local bar associations.
- East Carolina University, B.S. Business Administrations – 2004; Dean’s List
- Cumberland School of Law, J.D. – 2008; Honor Court Justice; International Law Scholar of Merit.
- Super Lawyers Rising Star in Eminent Domain, 2022
- “20 Under 40” selected member, Class of 2013
- Eagle Scout Award; Junior Asst. Scoutmaster, Boy Scout Troop 13 (Charlotte, NC)
- Pitt Community College Foundation – Past Board Member
- United Way of Lenoir and Greene Counties – Past Board Member
- Kinston Evening Rotary Club – Past President
- Teen Court of Lenoir and Greene Counties – Volunteer Judge and Coach
- Represented numerous residential and commercial landowners in Pitt County on natural gas pipeline condemnations by a private utility company.
- Represented numerous owners of commercial and agricultural properties in Pitt, Lenoir and Craven Counties in condemnation actions by the North Carolina Department of Transportation.
- Represented a mortgage lienholder in a lawsuit by a junior lienholder to stop client’s foreclosure; resulted in a dismissal with prejudice of junior lienholder’s case against client.
- Represented a national title insurer in an administrative action by a local municipality seeking condemnation, resulting in dismissal of client from the lawsuit.
- Represented a communications provider against a local government in cross claims for breach of contract, resulting in an arbitration award and judgment for the client.
- Served as co-counsel for a national real estate lender in an action to recover a deficiency judgment against a borrower, resulting in a full verdict for the client.