W. Lee Percise III
Meet our Lawyers
Lee works out of White & Allen’s Greenville office where his statewide practice is concentrated in the areas of condemnation and eminent domain litigation for property owners, real property litigation (including boundary disputes, title defense, adverse possession, etc.), representation of homeowners associations and their members and general civil litigation.
Lee frequently represents clients charged with traffic offenses, drug and alcohol offenses, driving while impaired, and other criminal matters in Pitt County. Lee is licensed to practice before all state courts in North Carolina and the United States District Courts for the Eastern, Middle, and Western Districts of North Carolina.
Lee is a member of the North Carolina Bar Association, the North Carolina Advocates for Justice Eminent Domain Section, the Eastern North Carolina Inn of Court, the Pitt County Bar Association, and the Pitt County Criminal Defense Bar. He has previously served in leadership roles in several local bar associations.
Lee attended East Carolina University where he was a Dean’s List student, receiving a Bachelor of Science degree in business administration in 2004.
After working with general practice law firms in Greenville and Charlotte, Lee attended and graduated from the Cumberland School of Law at Samford University in Birmingham, Ala., in 2008. While in law school, Lee served as an Honor Court Justice and was an International Law Scholar of Merit.
- Super Lawyers Rising Star in Eminent Domain, 2022
- “20 Under 40” selected member, Class of 2013
- Eagle Scout Award and Junior Asst. Scoutmaster, Boy Scout Troop 13 (Charlotte, NC), 2000
- Pitt Community College Foundation – Past Board Member
- United Way of Lenoir and Greene Counties – Past Board Member
- Kinston Evening Rotary Club – Past President
- Teen Court of Lenoir and Greene Counties – Volunteer Judge and Coach
- Represented numerous residential and commercial landowners in Pitt County on natural gas pipeline condemnations by a private utility company.
- Represented numerous owners of commercial and agricultural properties in Pitt, Lenoir and Craven Counties in condemnation actions by the North Carolina Department of Transportation.
- Represented a mortgage lienholder in a lawsuit by a junior lienholder to stop client’s foreclosure; resulted in a dismissal with prejudice of junior lienholder’s case against client.
- Represented a national title insurer in an administrative action by a local municipality seeking condemnation, resulting in dismissal of client from the lawsuit.
- Represented a communications provider against a local government in cross claims for breach of contract, resulting in an arbitration award and judgment for the client.
- Served as co-counsel for a national real estate lender in an action to recover a deficiency judgment against a borrower, resulting in a full verdict for the client.